CEE Automotive Conference 2019
The primary goal of the conference is to highlight the importance of CEE markets in the context of the German automotive sector’s crucial role as a leading force in the European and global car industry.
In the introductory panel, trend-setting OEMs and experts will present the big picture, putting the dramatic changes taking place in the markets into a wider perspective and explaining how the sector is changing as technology is gearing up towards digitalization.
The second panel will offer a more in-depth overview of some of the most important changes that are re-shaping the industry, including the role of R&D and the part that clusters play. They will give us a better understanding of how e-mobility programmes are connected with production, sales and distribution chains.
The hosts of this conference are convinced that there are still plenty of business opportunities and financial incentives for all classes of investors in the automotive sector in Central and Eastern Europe. The third panel will give an overview of the most important CEE markets and of the available incentive schemes, including state grants and aid for investments, within our Country Snapshots. Representatives of national investment promotion agencies (IPAs) from the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Romania will present examples of successful investment projects to focus potential investors´ attention on and stimulate their interest in these markets.
Finally, in small-group workshop discussions, IPAs together with Noerr´s state aid advisory team of experts will provide information about each country´s advantages. You will be able to learn about the benefits, challenges and opportunities of investing in the automotive industry in the respective countries. Additionally you can ask questions and get an in-depth understanding regarding the mechanism of the available financial incentives and grants for Greenfield investments, extensions of location or production, R&D funding or labour costs subsidies in each CEE country.
- Current market trends and their future implications for German businesses in the automotive sector
- The changing landscape and its challenges for production and distribution
- The importance of CEE for German OEMs and Tier 1 / Tier 2 suppliers
- Research & Development
- Digitalisation and e-mobility
- e-mobility programs
- Commercial implications of changes in distribution
- Financial incentives and opportunities for businesses to invest in CEE
- How to gain competitive advantages by production in CEE
- Special focus on the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Romania
- Introduction of business opportunities by national investment promotion agencies
- Incentive schemes, including state grants and aid for investors
- Dr Ingo Konrad, Head of Production Location and Capacity Strategy Mercedes-Benz Cars, Daimler
- Prof Dr Jörg K. Menzer, Partner, Head of CEE Offices, Noerr
- Dr Johann Schwenk, Strategy Manager, Webasto SE
- Stefan Randak, Director and Head of Solution Group Automotive, Atreus
- Dr Klaus Dräger, Former Board Member for R&D at BMW, Supervisory Board Member at several automotive tier-1 suppliers
- Helge Heinrich, Partner, EU and German Antitrust Law, Specialist in Governmental Affairs and State Aid, Noerr
- Dr András Kadocsa, Partner, Head of Automotive CEE, McKinsey
- Christian A. Mayer, Associated Partner, Regulatory Expert for Automotive and New Mobility, Noerr
- Emma Costa Argemi, Project Manager for European e-mobility projects, Bayern Innovativ
- Gregor Tondera, Head of Software Development, Entertainment - EU, Harman Connected Car Division
- Balázs Sebők, Managing Director, Valeo Siemens eAutomotive Hungary
- Friedrich Steisslinger, Director-Partner, TMG Consultants
- Barbora Račan Ježková, Director D-A-CH Region Operations, CzechInvest
- Márton Szabó, Vice CEO, Hungarian Investment Promotion Agency (HIPA)
- Adam Szugajew, Division of Strategic Investments, Polish Investment Agency (PAIH)
- Cosmin Cristal, Private Investment Expert, North-East Romania Regional Development Agency, Brussels Office
- Iulian Sorescu, Associated Partner, State Aid Specialist for Romania, Noerr
- Paweł Żelich, Associated Partner, State Aid Specialist for Poland, Noerr
- Dr Ádám György Bodor, Counsel, State Aid Specialist for Hungary, Noerr