- Real Estate Investments & Construction
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Regulatory & Governmental Affairs
- Litigation, Arbitration & ADR
Paweł Żelich has 17 years of practical experience in real estate transactions (including asset deal, share deal, forward deal, sale & leaseback, leases, property securities, etc.) and construction projects (including FIDIC-based contracts and infrastructure projects, greenfield and brownfield investments, construction, logistic, office, commercial and housing projects) as well as in environmental law. He also specializes in the structuring of foreign investments (including state aid) and contract law.
Moreover, while consulting large companies in the mining sector (including an on- & offshore oil and gas exploration; coal, copper and silver exploration) and energy sector (including RES) for many years, he has gained solid expertise in dealing with complex problems that arise in the course of such investment projects.
Paweł Żelich represents his Clients in litigation and arbitration proceedings as well as in administrative disputes and administrative court proceedings (in particular in real estate and construction related disputes and in disputes regarding the energy and mining sector).
- Legal studies at the University of Gdańsk (Poland)
- Post-graduate studies at the University of Cologne (Germany)
- Experience as an in-house lawyer in the legal department of leading Polish companies carrying out on- & offshore oil and gas exploration and production as well in law firms in Gdansk and Warsaw
- With Noerr since 2010
- Leading global automotive company: providing comprehensive legal assistance in one of the biggest greenfield project in Poland (including i.a. real estate, construction, environmental and state aid law), the development of a production site in Poland (on-going since 2015)
- One of leading Supermarket chains active in Europe: providing comprehensive legal assistance related to the expansion of the client’s business activity in Poland (including i.a. real estate, construction and environmental law) in more than 70 real estate projects in numerous locations in Poland and representation in a number of legal and administrative disputes as well as in administrative court proceedings (on-going since 2012)
- Aero Gearbox (joint venture Rolls Royce plc and Safran Group in Poland): comprehensive legal assistance in a major greenfield project (including i.a. real estate, construction, environmental and state aid law), the development of a production site in Poland (2015-2017)
- OBI Group Holding: sale & leaseback transactions at several locations in Poland (2011-2015)
- Gates Corporation: comprehensive legal assistance in the greenfield project (including real estate and construction law), the expansion of a production site in Poland (2017)
- Berger Bau: advice on numerous infrastructure construction projects and representation in litigation and court administrative proceedings (on-going since 2010)
- Leading supplier of engines and energy solutions: comprehensive legal assistance in a greenfield project (including i.a. real estate, construction, environmental and state aid law), the development of a production site in Poland (2012)
- Major international supplier of aluminum prefabricates: representation in an arbitration proceeding regarding construction dispute (2012-2015)
- Gdańsk Bar Association (OIRP)
- Ostrowski B., Żelich P. (2016): “Poland” in The International Comparative Legal Guide to Oil & Gas Regulation 2016, 11th Edition, Global Legal Group
- Sekula-Baranska S., Żelich P. (2015): “Legal aspects of Renewable Energy Sources projects in Poland” in Rechtliche Rahmenbedingungen für EE-Projekte. Band 1 (Legal aspects of Renewable Energy Sources projects. Volume 1), Berliner Wissenschafts-Verlag