- Antitrust law
Practice Group: Antitrust & Competition
Artem Kara focuses on advising clients on various aspects of antitrust law, such as merger control procedures, compliance issues and vertical and distribution agreements. He is also experienced in strategic and foreign investment filing procedures. Artem also conducts compliance and antitrust seminars and trainings. Defence clients before Russian Federal antitrust authority is other essential part of his work.
Artem is a member of the Expert Council by the FAS of Russia for developing competition in information technologies.
- Studied law at Lomonosow Moscow State University (summa cum laude)
- Current postgraduate studies at the Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law under the Government of the Russian Federation, Moscow (Russia)
- At Noerr since 2011
- One of the world’s largest logistics companies: Advising on the acquisition of the logistics business of the largest Russian car distributor;
- One of the world’s leading cars and trucks manufacturers: Advising on antitrust aspects of its shareholdings in the largest Russian trucks manufacturer, a joint venture with that truck manufacturer and various contractual arrangements;
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.: Advising on procedural issues regarding public tenders;
- Representing a European chemicals group on the defence against a fine imposed by the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service;
- Assisting to a world-leading machinery manufacturer in investigations by the Russian prosecutor's office;
- Foodpanda: Advising on antitrust aspects of the sale of Delivery Club, the number one internet food delivery company in Russia, to Mail.Ru Group, one of Russia’s largest Internet companies.
- Danish financial investor Axcel: Advising on Russian merger control filing and on other antitrust aspects on several pan-European acquisitions of high tech suppliers to the meat-processing industry and the formation of a global industry market leader.
- Shanghai Electric Group: Advising on Russian merger control and foreign investment filings and on the acquisition of Broetje Automation.
- World-leading car manufacturer, Italian shoe producer, U.S. textiles manufacturer, German media group and others: Advising on vertical agreements and distribution issues.
- One of the leading lawyers for competition/antitrust law in Russia, Best Lawyers (2018 – 2021)
- One of the leading lawyers for civil rights law, Best Lawyers (2021)
- Recommended for competition in Russia, The Legal 500 EMEA (2018 – 2020)
- One of the leading exters for antitrust law in Russia, Pravo.ru-300 (2020)
- Member of the Expert Council of the Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia for developing competition in information technologies
Russia / CIS: Administrative fines issued for the first time in a cross-border cartel in the Eurasian Economic Union (with Stefan Weber and Tatiana Dovgan), Lexology, Mondaq, 09/2019
Litigation & dispute resolution -2019 8th edition (with Viktor Gerbutov), Global Legal Insights, 06/2019
Russia: Antitrust Report 2018 (with Stefan Weber and Tatiana Dovgan), 03/2019
Russia: Merger control, in: Legal500: Merger Control Country Comparative Guide, The In-House Lawyer Magazine (with Stefan Weber and Tatiana Dovgan), 11/2018
EU/US Sanctions vs. Russian antitrust laws, Lexology, Mondaq (with Stefan Weber and Tatiana Dovgan), 09/2018
- Litigation and dispute resolution 2018, chapter Russia, Global Legal Insights, 2018 (with Dr. Viktor Gerbutov)
Russia: Antitrust legislation and enforcement practice 2016/2017 (in co-authorship), Lexology, 2017
Intellectual property & Antitrust 2015, Getting the Deal Through (in co-authorship)