- Greenfield and Brownfield projects
- Real Estate & Construction
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Joint Ventures
Dr. Thomas Mundry
Dr. Thomas Mundry is living and working in Russia since 1994. He has extensive experience in advising on investment, financing and other projects of both Western and Russian businesses in the Russian Federation. Dr. Mundry focuses on greenfield and brownfield projects, but he is also advising on M&A as well as on joint ventures projects. His sphere of activity covers a wide range of industries, including automotive manufacturing and supply industry, oil and gas, chemicals, engineering, retail, food and consumer goods, fashion industry and IT.
- Legal studies at Free University of Berlin
- Doctorate at Free University of Berlin with a dissertation on “Loans and Silent Participations in the Laws of the Private Limited Partnership”
- Assistant at the Centre for German and European Antitrust Law (Head: Professor Dr. Wolfgang Harms) and of Professor Dr. Jürgen Prölss at the Free University of Berlin
- With an international law firm in Germany
- With international law firms in Moscow (Russia) since 1994
- With Noerr since 2006
NMC: Advising on all legal issues of the establishment of a two-tier joint venture (with a Luxemburg joint venture company), the subject of which is the manufacturing of polyethylene-based products (in particular for the construction industry) in Tver, Krasnodar and other regions of Russia.
Knorr-Bremse: Advising on all legal issues of a number of projects in Russia including the establishment of joint ventures with:
- Kamaz on the production of braking systems for heavy commercial vehicles,
- Federal Cargo Company FGK, a subsidiary of Russian Railways RZD, the largest railway corporation in the world, for the production of braking systems for the Russian railway industry.
Continental: Advice on all legal issues on the implementation of the following greenfield projects in Kaluga:
- Tyre production plant (investment volume: €220m),
- Plant for the production of car components,
- Plant for the production of air conditioning and power steering lines (investment volume: €13m).
Wetzel’s Pretzels: Advice on all legal issues on the expansion of the franchise system to Russia.
- Recommended in Russia for Trade Law, Best Lawyers 2014 – 2020
- Recommended for Real Estate in Russia, The Legal 500 EMEA 2013 – 2019
- Notable practitioner for Real Estate in Russia, Chambers Europe 2016 – 2019
- Recommended in Russia for Franchising, Who´s Who of Franchise Lawyers 2012 – 2018
- Recommended for Corporate and M&A in Russia, The Legal 500 EMEA 2015, 2018, 2019
- Among the world’s leading Franchise lawyers, The International Who’s Who of Business and Franchise Lawyers 2012 – 2018
- Recognized in Construction & Real Estate in Russia, Who’s Who Legal 2010, 2011
- Co-head of Real Estate & Construction committee at AmCham (American Chamber of Commerce in Russia)
Vice Chairman of the German School and Kindergarten Association Moscow (responsible for legal questions)
- Shareholders' rights in private and public companies in the Russian Federation: overview, in: Thomson Reuters Practical Law, 05/2019
- Shareholder activism in the Russian Federation, in: Thomson Reuters Practical Law, 05/2019
- Russia: Annual Real Estate Report 2018, in Lexology, Mondaq 03/2019
- Execution and Interpretation of Agreements Recommendations of the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation of 25 December 2018, in Lexology, Mondaq 03/2019
- Russia: Real Estate News, in Lexology, Mondaq 11/2018
- How to conduct shareholders' agreements in Russia, in: Lexology 10/2018
- Share transfers and company exits, in: Lexology 09/2018
- Subventionen: Jede Region anders, in: German Mittelstand in Russland 2018 (with Erik Digilov and Sergey Sergeev)
- Shareholders' rights in private and public companies in the Russian Federation: overview, in: Thomson Reuters Practical Law, 07/2019
- Neue US - Sanktionen – Gegenstand und Umsetzung in der Europäischen Union und in Russland, in: Ost/Magazin, 07/2018 (mit Dr. Bärbel Sachs und Hannes Lubitzsch)