- Mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures
- Banking and finance, capital markets
Dr Vladislav Skvortsov
Vladislav advises banks and corporate borrowers on finance transactions and projects, including infrastructure, project and structured finance, acquisition finance and syndications, derivatives and capital markets. He also has considerable experience in corporate transactions under Russian and English law, including M&A and joint ventures. His sector experience covers financial institutions, commodity trading, aviation, metals and mining, oil & gas, energy, automotive, transport and retail.
- Studied law at Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia)
- Postgraduate studies at Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia), PhD in Civil Law
- Over 15 years’ experience with two Magic Circle law firms in Russia
- At Noerr since 2013
- VTB Bank: Acted as the lead counsel, Russian, English and German counsel to the lender on major infrastructure financings relating to the construction of nine (9) solar power stations in Russia. Apart from dealing with finance and security documents, the scope of work included revising and negotiating amendments to Russian law EPC contracts from a Russian customer’s and the lender’s perspective.
- VTB Bank (Europe): Advised the lender on four (4) financings for Russian borrowers for the total principal amount EUR 235 million.
- Alfa-Bank: Acted as the lead counsel to the lender on five rouble acquisition facilities.
- Major Russian bank: Acted as the lead and English counsel to the lender on loans to three Russian subsidiaries of a major metals and mining group, and later amendments thereto (total value of the transaction $230 million).
- Alfa-Bank investment team: Acted as the lead counsel , English and German counsel to the lender on a $183 million transaction involving acquisition of Cypriot and German shares of the borrower’s group, unwinding of the REPO transactions, entering into corporate and finance transaction documents.
- Foodpanda: Advised the seller on the sale of Delivery Club, a major internet food delivery service in Russia, for $100 million to Mail.Ru Group, a major Russian internet group.
- Major international group: Acted as English and Russian counsel to the investor on a multi-step acquisition of a Russian food delivery service.
- ICBC: Advised the lessee on over 15 transactions on acquisition and lease back to major Russian airlines and state leasing companies of new Boeing 777, Airbus A321 and Airbus A320 aircraft (total value over $1.2 billion).
- ICBC, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs: Advised the lenders on refinancing of over 10 aircraft-related transactions.
- Recommended as a leading lawyer for banking and finance, IFLR1000 (2019 – 2021)
- One of the best banking and finance lawyers, Best Lawyers (2018 – 2021)
- Recommended for banking and finance, The Legal 500 EMEA (2017 – 2020)
- Recommended as leading lawyer for banking and finance in Russia, Kommersant (2017 – 2020)
- One of the leading experts for Corporate/M&A and banking and finance in Russia, Pravo.ru-300 (2020)
- Noted for corporate, commercial and M&A, The Legal 500 EMEA (2018 – 2020)
- One of the best M&A experts in Russia, Who’s Who Legal (2014 – 2021)
- One of the best banking and finance lawyers, Chambers Global (2015 – 2019)
- One of the best banking and finance lawyers, Chambers Europe (2013, 2015 – 2019)
- Syndicated Facilities under Russian Law – Developments and New Challenges, CEE Legal Matters, 08/2018
- Private mergers and acquisitions in the Russian Federation: market analysis overview, Practical Law by Thomson Reuters, 09/2015
Latest Civil Code amendments: impact on finance transactions (with Stefan Weber), International Law Office, 06/2015
- Banking Regulation Review in Russia, 5th and 6th editions (with Stefan Weber), Law Business Research, 2014 and 2015
Mergers & Acquisitions, Chapter Russia (with Maria Apurina), The International Comparative Legal Guide, 01/2013