- Insurance and reinsurance law
- Liability law
- Litigation and arbitration
Helmut Katschthaler, LL.M.
Helmut Katschthaler specializes in insurance and reinsurance law as well as liability law. He has substantial experience in dealing with complex loss events and in national and international litigation and arbitration.
Product liability insurance, international insurance law and reinsurance arbitration are particular focuses in his practice.
Helmut Katschthaler regularly represents clients in commercial disputes before state courts and in arbitration proceedings.
- Trained as a qualified insurance officer
- Legal studies at the University of Munich
- Postgraduate studies in insurance law at the University of Münster (Master of Insurance Law)
- With Noerr since 2001
- Admitted to the Munich Chamber of Lawyers
Helmut Katschthaler is recommended by the following directories:
- JUVE Commercial Law Firms 2012/2013
- Chambers Europe 2013
- Practical Law Company 2010
- Expert Guide to the World’s Leading Insurance and Reinsurance Lawyers 2013
- Managing board of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Versicherungsrecht im Deutschen Anwaltverein [Work Group for Insurance Law in the German Bar Association]
- ARIAS Europe Certified Chairman for Arbitral Tribunals
- Reinsurance, in: Terbille/Höra (ed.), Münchener Anwaltshandbuch Versicherungsrecht, 3rd edition 2013 (with Carsten Topsch)
- Alternative Formen der Streitbeilegung in Versicherungssachen – Ein Überblick [Alternative Dispute
Resolution in Insurance Matters – An Overwiew], in: Schriftenreihe der Arbeitsgemeinschaft
Versicherungsrecht im Deutschen Anwaltverein, 15th Symposium
- Achtung Gegenverkehr! –Tourengeher auf Skipisten (with Christian Mayer), in: SpuRt 2/2011, pp. 46 et seq.