- Insurance and reinsurance law
- Liability law
- Litigation and arbitration
- Contract law
Helmut Katschthaler, LL.M.
Helmut Katschthaler specializes in insurance and reinsurance law as well as liability law. He has substantial experience in dealing with complex loss events and in national and international litigation and arbitration.
Product liability and recall insurance, international insurance law and reinsurance arbitration are particular focuses in his practice.
Helmut Katschthaler, in addition, regularly represents clients concerning issues of contract law in particular in the automotive industry.
- Trained as a qualified insurance officer
- Legal studies at the University of Munich
- Postgraduate studies in insurance law at the University of Münster (Master of Insurance Law)
- With Noerr since 2001
- Admitted to the Munich Chamber of Lawyers
- Helmut Katschthaler is regularly recommended by the following directories:
- JUVE Commercial Law Firms
- Expert Guide to the World’s Leading Insurance and Reinsurance Lawyers
- Best Lawyers
- Legal 500
- Work Group for Insurance Law in the German Bar Association
- ARIAS Europe Certified Arbitrator
- Reinsurance, in: Terbille/Höra (ed.), Münchener Anwaltshandbuch Versicherungsrecht, 4th edition 2017 (with Carsten Topsch)
- Alternative Formen der Streitbeilegung in Versicherungssachen – Ein Überblick [Alternative Dispute Resolution in Insurance Matters – An Overwiew], in: Schriftenreihe der Arbeitsgemeinschaft Versicherungsrecht im Deutschen Anwaltverein, 15th Symposium
- Achtung Gegenverkehr! –Tourengeher auf Skipisten (with Christian Mayer), in: SpuRt 2/2011, pp. 46 et seq.