- National and international litigation
- Commercial and corporate litigation
- Directors' and officers' liability
Dr. Jennifer Bryant
Jennifer Bryant’s practice focuses on national and international litigation and arbitration.
She advises and represents clients mainly in complex civil, commercial and corporate disputes before state courts and arbitral tribunals. She also advises her clients with respect to international legal actions, especially U.S. litigations, in particular regarding discovery proceedings in the U.S.
Jennifer Bryant is admitted to practice in Germany and in the U.S. (California).
- Studied law at the University of Cologne
- Experience with a major law firm in London (United Kingdom)
- Secondment with the legal department of a leading pharmaceutical company
- Secondment with the litigation and arbitration practice group of a leading U.S. law firm in New York (USA)
- Lecturer on arbitration at the University of Bielefeld (Germany)
- At Noerr since 2012
- Admitted to the Düsseldorf Chamber of Lawyers and the State Bar of California (U.S.)
- Represented a German company in a joint venture dispute in an international ICC arbitration
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in a patent infringement case before the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, pre-trial and trial
- Represented a U.S. purchaser post acquisition in a complex fraud case involving an internal investigation and multiple ligitations
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in a product liability case in a Multi District Litigation (MDL)
- Who's Who Legal 2019, 2020, 2021: Future Leaders - Arbitration
- JUVE Handbuch Commercial Law Firms: frequently recommended for dispute resolution (trade and liability) 2018/2019: "determined, assertive, competent" 2019/2020: "trenchant, up and coming"
- The Legal 500 2021: Mention as core attorney for arbitration
- Best Lawyers/ Handelsblatt: Best Lawyers 2020 Arbitration/ Dispute Resolution/ Mediation
- Expert Guides Rising Star 2018, 2019, 2020: Commercial Arbitration
- Board member of the German-American Lawyers Association
- DIS, DIS40 (former Co-chair), CC YAF, YIAG, Young ICCA
- Class Arbitrations mit Verbraucherbeteiligung im deutschen Recht [Class arbitrations involving consumers under German law], SchiedsVZ 2021, pp. 58 et seq.
- Advisory note on judgment by the Higher Regional Court Saarbrücken on the determination of the scope of the personal application of arbitration agreements, in: SchiedsVZ 2019, p. 300
- The Brexit's repercussions on international arbitration, Yearbook on International Arbitration and ADR, Vol. VI, pp. 41 et seq.
- Advisory note on judgment by the Federal Court of Justice regarding the binding effect of an arbitration clause agreed by the debtor on the insolvency trustee, NZI 2018, pp. 62, 64 et seq.
- Advisory note on judgment by the Federal Court of Justice regarding "Schiedsfähigkeit III" (Arbitrability III), SchiedsVZ 2017, p. 196, 197 et seq.
- Chapter on USA, Landbrecht/Gabriel (eds), Konfliktmanagement im internationalen Rechtsverkehr, 2017, pp. 236 et seq.
- Banking and finance arbitration revisited, Yearbook on International Arbitration and ADR, Vol. V, pp. 107 et seq.
- Advisory note on Saarbrücken Regional Court judgment regarding the specificity of an arbitration clause in relation to insolvency law, NZI 2016, p. 560
- Advisory note on Munich Higher Regional Court judgment regarding set-off in enforceability proceedings, SchiedsVZ 2016, p. 120
- Advisory note on Munich Higher Regional Court judgment regarding challenge of arbitrators, SchiedsVZ 2015, p. 312