- Supervisory law
- Stock exchange law
- Internal investigations
- Capital markets law
Sebastian de Schmidt
Sebastian de Schmidt is a counsel based in Noerr’s Frankfurt office. As a member of the Compliance & Internal Investigations and Capital Markets practice groups, he advises listed companies on how to properly meet their post-admission obligations and also supports them in any investigations.
Before joining Noerr, Sebastian worked at the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) for fourteen years. Most recently he was head of the Insider Surveillance division. Before that, Sebastian was head of the Trading Suspension, Short-Selling Monitoring and Managers’ Transactions division and deputy head of the Investigation of Market Manipulation division.
Sebastian is a lecturer at the University of Bayreuth and a certified exchange trader.
- Studied law at Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main
- Research assistant at the Institute for Law and Finance at Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main
- Head of Insider Surveillance division, previously head of the Trading Suspension, Short-Selling Monitoring and Managers’ Transactions division and deputy head of the Investigation of Market Manipulation division at the German financial regulator (BaFin)
- At Noerr since 2019
- Admitted to the Frankfurt Chamber of Lawyers
- Neufassung des Verbots der Marktmanipulation durch MAR und CRIM-MAD, in RdF 2016, pp. 4 et seq.
- Wertpapierhandelsgesetz (WpHG), § 20a WpHG a.F. (Verbot der Marktmanipulation), in: Just/Voß/Ritz/Becker (ed.), C.H.Beck-Verlag München, München 2015