- German and European antitrust law
- Antitrust law on vertical agreements and distribution
Fabian Hübener, LL.M. (Georgetown)
Practice Group: Antitrust & Competition
Fabian Hübener is a lawyer in Noerr's Brussels office.
His practice focuses on advising on EU antitrust law issues. He has successfully advised several clients in proceedings before the European Commission and national competition authorities. He also represents clients in referral proceedings before the ECJ.
Another focus of his practice is the antitrust assessment of distribution models, in particular in the automotive industry.
He also has extensive experience in the enforcement of antitrust damages claims.
- Legal studies at the University of Freiburg and Göttingen (Germany)
- Postgraduate studies (LL.M.) at the Georgetown University Law Center (USA)
- Doctorate at the University of Göttingen (Germany)
- With Noerr since 2015
- Admitted to the Munich Chamber of Lawyers
- ECJ proceeding: Request for preliminary ruling on RMI provisions of Regulation (EU) 2018/858, representing Automobiles PEUGEOT SA and PSA Automobiles SA (pending)
- Volkswagen AG / Skoda Auto Deutschland GmbH: Successful defence in antitrust proceedings concerning alleged impediment of cross-border distribution of new cars, Luxembourg competition authority (concluded 2021)
- EU Commission - Ethylene proceedings: Successful defence of immunity applicant in proceedings before the EU Commission (concluded 2020)
- EU Commission - Car battery recycling proceeding: Successful defence of the immunity applicant in the administrative proceeding before the EU Commission by Noerr (concluded 2017)
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht
- Vertikale Mindestpreisbindungen im US- und EU-Recht, Die Auswirkungen des Leegin-Urteils des U.S. Supreme Court, in Wirtschaftsrecht und Wirtschaftspolitik, Nomos Verlag
- EuGH: Im Zweifel keine bezweckte Wettbewerbsbeschränkung bei Interbankenentgelten, in Recht der Zahlungsdienste, 2020, Ausgabe 3, S. 196 f
- SEP or No SEP? Open questions after Huawei/ZTE, (with Moritz Jakobs), in E.C.L.R 2016, Issue 1, p. 33 pp.
- A Practitioner´s View on the Role and Powers of National Competition Authorities (mit Alexander Israel und Jan Lang), Study for the ECON Committee