Regulatory & Governmental Affairs
We specialise in energy, infrastructure, environment, planning and construction, mobility and ESG.
Whatever industry you are in, regulatory requirements are on the increase and making day-to-day business more complicated. As leading regulatory experts in Germany covering an exceptional range of topics, we help you to keep track of things and achieve the best results while complying with all the rules and regulations.
With more than 40 legal advisors, each with their own sector insights, we cover the entire depth and breadth of public commercial law. We advise you on individual transactions, provide ongoing assistance in aligning your business to changing legal regimes, handle the challenges posed by compliance issues and act for you in litigation before the national and European courts and arbitral proceedings.
We also play a role in legislative processes at a European and national level. Alongside this, we help public authorities implement strategically important projects on a regular basis.
The firm’s lawyers are in close contact with key decision-makers from politics and business. Our clients from the private sector also benefit from our client relationships with federal and state authorities.
M&A in regulated markets
- Advising on and helping clients meet special regulatory requirements relating to the sales process, including assisting in public authority approval procedures before and during the sales process
- Conducting regulatory due diligences for private sales and acquisitions of companies
Energy and environment
- Advising companies from the public and private sectors on strategic and constitutional issues when implementing projects in the energy sector
- Advising on planning issues in the energy sector (especially on- and offshore wind power)
- Advising on the legal aspects of renewable energy, combined heat and power, hydrogen and emissions trading
- Advising on disposal strategies for manufacturing and trade or plant and product-related environmental legislation
- Advising on questions regarding legal requirements within specialist environmental legislation
- Advising on new developments in the field of climate protection law
Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
- Advising companies, investors, financial institutions and public-sector bodies in connection with regulation in ESG-related fields
- Advising on ESG-related transformation processes
Planning and construction
- Supporting companies in all legal issues relating to setting up or expanding business facilities and on orders and decrees affecting specific facilities or business operations
- Assisting public sector entities in large infrastructure projects such as development measures
- Advising public planning authorities and providing guidance on preparing and defending plans (including before the courts)
- Advising on innovative mobility products and services
- Designing models for public-private partnerships and financing in the mobility sector
- Providing support during tenders for train lines and networks in the rail sector
- Providing advice and guidance in dealing with legislative bodies and political organisations, observing and analysing political trends in the legislative process at national and European level
- Drafting expert opinions in connection with political decision-making processes
“The team’s strength is its profound understanding of sector-related topics that will be crucial going forward, gained for example from their academic research and planning for clients such as the German Ministry for Economic Affairs and public agencies such as the National Centre for Charging Infrastructure”JUVE Handbook 2022
Mandate und Pressemitteilungen
“The firm is highly regarded for its advice on environmental and planning law.”JUVE Handbook 2022