- Telecommunications law
- Internet and E-Commerce
- IT law/Outsourcing
- Media law
- Publishing law
- Data protecion law
- Transactions in the TMT sector
Torsten Kraul, LL.M.
Torsten Kraul provides legal and strategic advice to multinational, national and emerging companies on business transactions in telecommunications (infrastructure acquisition, divestiture, sharing and maintenance; distribution of wireless services; operational agreements), IT (outsourcing; IT services; software development; SaaS; cloud computing; software licensing; open source software), Internet & e-commerce (web-design; hosting; distribution systems; regulatory requirements; standard terms; implementation of payment systems) media (film, book, e-book and music distribution platforms; media rights tenders; content production, acquisition, licensing and distribution), and data protection matters (national and international data transfers; data protection agreements; compliance; data mining; advertising; acquisition of data; data protection concepts).
Drawing on his knowledge of commercial matters in the industries, Torsten Kraul frequently represents clients on M&A transactions in the telecommunications, technology, IT, and media sectors. Beyond Germany, he has a strong focus on international and cross-border matters, spanning, in particular, central Europe, UK, US, Middle East, and Scandinavia.
- Legal studies at the University of Regensburg as well as at the OLG Munich (Germany)
- Postgraduate studies at the University of London (Queen Mary, UK)
- Experience as lawyer at an international law firm with focus on operational and transaction advisory services in the fields of IT, Internet/E -Commerce, publishing, telecommunications and sports in Berlin (Germany)
- Besides work as a lawyer at in an American law firm in the area of competition law in London
- Experience as Associate at an international law firm in the area of media law in Berlin (Germany)
- With Noerr since 2015
- Admitted to the Berlin Chamber of Lawyers
- Torsten Kraul has been selected by Legal 500 Germany (2018) as one of the "next generation names" in the field of information technology and outsourcing-information technology.
- Recommended as a leading information technology and outsourcing lawyer-information technology (including contract drafting), Legal 500 (2018).
- Recommended as leading attorney for media law by Best Lawyers® 2018.
- In preparation: Geistiges Eigentum und IT-Aspekte in der Carve-out-Transaktion und Transitional Services Agreements (mit Dr. Tobias Bosch), in: Lappe/Gattringer (Ed.), Carve-out- Transaktionen
- Urhebervertragsrecht, in: Raue, Peter/Hegemann, Jan (Ed.), Münchener Anwaltshandbuch Urheber- und Medienrecht, 2010, pp. 35-85
- Verträge über Websites – Eine Untersuchung des Immaterialgütervertragsrechts 2009, (dissertation)
- Multimediaverträge nach deutschem und englischem Recht, in: GRUR-Int. 2009, pp. 481-490
- Rechtliche Rahmenbedingungen eines Online-Auftritts, in: Riedl, René/Grünberger Herbert (Ed.), Handbuch Vereinsmanagement, 2009, pp. 39-50
- Die Digitalisierung hält Einzug (with Christiane Stützle), in: ProMedia 11/2008 (zur Novelle des FFG)