- Distribution law, in particular automobile and telecommunication distribution law
- Antitrust law
- General civil and civil procedural law
Dr Albin Ströbl
Albin Ströbl is a member of Noerr’s Automotive & New Mobility and Digital Business practice groups. He specialises in distribution law, including related antitrust and competition law issues, especially on the manufacturing side. Albin acts for a range of high-profile clients in the automotive and telecommunications industries, advising national and international companies on setting up and restructuring distribution systems (e.g. omni-channelling strategies and internet), drafting and terminating distribution contracts and programmes, negotiating with distributors’ associations and general day-to-day business. He also helps clients enforce and defend against claims in and out of court (such as indemnity, repurchase and commission claims). Albin is highly regarded for his work on distribution contracts and his support in contentious matters.
Besides this, Albin gives lectures and in-house seminars on distribution law and associated antitrust and competition law topics and is the author of a wide range of publications on these practice areas.
- Legal studies at the University of Tübingen
- German-Hungarian Chamber of Industry and Commerce in Budapest (Hungary)
- Experience with a law firm in Brussels (Belgium)
- At Noerr since 2004
- Admitted to the Frankfurt am Main Chamber of Lawyers
- Recommended as leading lawyer for Commercial Contracts, Chambers Europe (2020)
- Highlighted as one of the leading names in commercial and distribution law, Legal 500 Germany (2020)
- Recommended as one of the leading names in distribution law, JUVE Handbook (2020)
- German Distribution Law Society (DGVR)
- Templates for a dealer agreement and an agency agreement in: Verlag C.H. Beck
- Der Ausgleichsanspruch beim Vertrieb von Dauerschuldverhältnissen (with Dr Wentzel), BB 2017, p. 390
- BGH: Tankstellen-Agentur-Vertrag - Kassensystem als “erforderliche Unterlage”, BB 2017, p. 144
- BGH: Vertragshändlervertrag - unwirksamer Ausschluss des Ausgleichsanspruchs bei Tätigkeitsausübung im EWR, BB 2016, p. 845
- Comments on rights of workshops to join authorised service networks: Zulassunganspruch von Werkstätten in autorisierte Servicenetze - Jaguar Vertragswerkstatt, BB-Kommentar zu BGH, VII ZR 102/2015
- The European Commission’s new De-Minimis Notice from 25 June 2014 – how far does the safe harbour reach?, Betriebs-Berater 2014, issue 42, pp. 2506 et seq.
- Wirksamkeit der außerordentlichen Kündigung des Prinzipals bei Insolvenz des Absatzmit-tlers (with Annika Woltmann), Beck Online, ZVertriebsR 2014, p. 236
- Vertragsbeendigung im Insolvenzfall, Autohaus Online, 16.8.2013
- Der Ausgleichsanspruch gem. § 89b HGB in der Telekomminkationsbranche, Betriebs-Berater 4/2013, pp. 1027 et seq.
- Zulässigkeit der ordentlichen Kündigung eines Servicepartnervertrages (with Eva Schäfer), WRP 5/2013, pp. 600 et seq.