- Domestic and international arbitration
- International litigation
- Civil and commercial law
- Privat international law
- Investment law
Dr. Anke Meier, LL.M.
Rechtsanwältin, Attorney-at-law (NY)
Co-Head Litigation, Arbitration & ADR
Anke Meier specializes in the field of arbitration and international litigation. She has extensive experience in commercial and investment arbitration proceedings and international procedural law, including the international taking of evidence. Her litigation practice focuses primarily on complex commercial, civil and corporate cases.
- Legal studies at the Ruhr-University of Bochum
- Doctoral studies at the School of Law of the Ruhr-University of Bochum
- Master of Laws (LL.M) in International Dispute Resolution at the Straus Institute of Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, CA (USA)
- Practice as an attorney and lawyer in litigation/arbitration with international law firms at different locations in Germany and the USA
- Legal Assistant to the Honorable Charles N. Brower, The Hague (Netherlands)
- Appointed to the ICSID panel of conciliators by the Federal Government (2013-2019)
- Member of WIPO panel of arbitrators
- Member of KLRCA panel of arbitrators
- At Noerr since 2010
- Admitted to the New York State Bar
- Admitted to the Frankfurt Bar of Lawyers
- Recognized as “Thought Leader – Arbitration 2018”, Who’s Who Legal and Global Arbitration Review
- Foreign expert for USA and foreign expert based in Germany, Chambers Global
- Arbitration counsel "She has a profound understanding of the US legal system but can also translate that to German legal facts.", Chambers Europe
- Among Europe's outstanding up-and-comers 2015 with a „very clear and focused style“, Chambers Europe
- Dispute resolution foreign expert for the USA “accomplished and very smart arbitration counsel”, Chambers Global
- Recommended as a leading expert in arbitration, Who's Who Legal
- Recommended as a leading expert in arbitration and mediation as well as litigation, Best Lawyers Germany
- Joinder and Consolidation in M& A Arbitration, in The Guide to M&A Arbitration, pp.15-26.
- Mehr Biss für die DIS, in: Juve 03/18, pp. 54 et seq.
- Die Kommanditgesellschaft auf Aktien, Bürgers/Fett (ed.), 2nd ed. 2015, Streitbeilegung durch Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit
- Seven Guidelines on Party Representation - The New LCIA Rules (with Lucie Gerhardt), in SchiedsVZ 2015, pp. 10
- Handbuch IT-Litigation: IT-Verfahrensrecht national – international – gerichtlich, 2012, Verlag Dr. Otto Schmidt KG, Teil A.VI. Schiedsverfahren, S. 122 et seq., Teil B.II. Forum Shopping und Discovery (with Dr. Thomas Thalhofer) pp. 337 et seq., Teil B.III. Schiedsinstitutionen, pp. 345 et seq.
- German parties in US discovery, in IBA Litigation Newsletter 5/2012
- U.S. Discovery: The German Perspective, in DAJV Newsletter 1/2012, p. 9
- Restatement, Third, of the U.S. Law of International Commercial Arbitration, DAJV Newsletter 1/2011, p. 6
- Arbitration between Brazilian and German Companies (with Dr. Brunela Vieira di Vincenzi), in Revista de Arbitragem e Mediação, Ano 8, Vol. 31, 12/2011; International Litigation Newsletter, 9/2011, p. 55
- Technikrechtliche Schiedsverfahren im Großanlagenbau – Teil 1 und 2 Komplex, aber steuerbar (with Prof. Dr. Thomas Klindt), in INDUSTRIE Anzeiger, 31/2011, p. 16; 1/2012, p. 14