Mergermarket Europe M&A Awards: Noerr is Germany M&A Legal Adviser of the Year
Noerr has been named Germany M&A Legal Adviser of the Year at the Europe M&A Awards 2020 of financial information service Mergermarket. With this award, Mergermarket is recognising the achievements of Noerr’s transaction team in the last twelve months.
“In this extraordinary year, we have once again been able to very successfully leverage our strengths in the area of particularly complex international transactions for our clients,” says Florian Becker, co-head of Noerr’s Corporate/M&A practice. “We are delighted about this recognition of our achievements as the best M&A law firm. This success is proof of our international reach in large-cap transactions,” adds co-head Alexander Hirsch.
The large-cap transactions advised on by Noerr include the following:
- Wirecard: Sale of various companies and corporate divisions
- Kering: Sale of Puma shares
- Schwarz Group: Acquisition of the waste disposal division of SUEZ in Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Luxembourg and the takeover of Real stores from Metro
- Panasonic: Sale of Vossloh-Schwabe to Fidelium Partners
- Apollo: Sale of Maximus portfolio for almost one billion euros
- 3G Capital: Bidding process for Thyssenkrupp’s elevators division
- KKR: Five transactions to create the new media platform Leonine
- Deutsche Finanzagentur: Stabilisation package for TUI AG
John West, Managing Editor in Europe of Mergermarket, emphasises the achievements of this year’s winners: “This year’s M&A award winners have demonstrated their ability to adapt to the headwinds and deliver value for clients - in the face of unprecedented complexity and volatility.”
With its Corporate/M&A practice group, which is headed by Florian Becker (Munich) and Alexander Hirsch (Dusseldorf), Noerr is one of the leading law firms for Corporate/M&A. The practice focuses on advising on national and cross-border transactions, their financing, public takeovers, demanding corporation and group law structuring issues, as well as the reorganisation and restructuring of companies.