Thomas Hoffmann has been advising companies in distressed situations and during insolvency proceedings for over 20 years. He co-heads Noerr's Restructuring and Insolvency practice group together with Marlies Raschke and is the second board member of Noerr Consulting AG with Martin Kleinschmitt as CEO as well as managing director of Noerr's Trustee vehicle, TEAM Treuhand GmbH. His typical instructions include bridge and restructuring financing on the basis of restructuring plans that meet the requirements of the German Federal Court of Justice as well as the restructuring of syndicated loans or listed bonds. The preparation and, if necessary, implementation of insolvency (plan) restructurings in self-administration proceedings on debtor’s side is just as much a part of his advisory activities as the representation and analysis of restructurings in the interests of shareholders or creditors. Thomas is a managing director of Team Treuhand GmbH, a Noerr company which offers services in distressed situations, e.g. as a restructuring shareholder in a dual-benefit trust, a security trustee or a joint representative of bond creditors under the German Bonds Act. Further, Thomas is also a member of the board of directors at Noerr Consulting AG. He is the author of numerous specialist publications and regularly gives lectures on current restructuring issues.
- eurobahn/keolis: take-over of the German public transport company from the French national railway as interim-shareholder by the Noerr trustee TEAM Treuhand
- Klier Hairdressers: Advice to the shareholders in the restructuring during the self administered insolvency plan proceedings of Germany's biggest hairdresser chain with more than 1000 shops
- Condor: In-court-restructuring after the collapse of its sharholder Thomas Cook Group, restructuring shareholder via the Noerr trust vehicle TEAM Treuhand and finally sale to a private investor
- Galapagos: Representing the senior lender's agent in court against a claw back law suit of the German insolvency administrator
- Wirecard: Initiating Insolvency proceedings for the stock listed DAX-30 company and some of its subsidiaries after the publication of balance sheet irregularities
- Thomas Cook: Advice to the German subsidiaries of the international tour operator during the out-of-court restructuring attempts and initiating of insolvency proceedings after the UK-bankruptcy
- Bavaria Yachtbau GmbH: Preparing and implementing an in-court restructuring process for the sailboat manufacturer for the shareholders and main creditors
- AEG Power Solutions I 3W Power: Acting as the joint representative of the bond creditors during the in-court restructuring of the technology company
- Neschen AG: Advising an US-hedge fund as the principal creditor in the self-administration proceedings of the listed folio manufacturer
- centrotherm photovoltaics AG: Advising the listed company during the restructuing insolvency proceedings, keeping the company listed
- Recommended as Leading Advisor in Restructuring, JUVE-Annual Handbook
- Recommended as one of the most renowned lawyers for restructuring in Germany, WirtschaftsWoche
- Recommended as one of the leading lawyers in Restructuring & Insolvency, Handelsblatt/Best Lawyers in Germany
- Recommended for M&A, Corporate Law, JUVE
- Recommended in Chambers as notable practitioner
- Recommended in Who's Who Legal as National, Global and Thought Leader
- Insolvency Law and Restructuring subdivison of the German Lawyers’ Association
- TMA Germany e.V.
- Working Group for Insolvency Law (Arbeitskreis für Insolvenzrecht e.V.) (Berlin/Brandenburg)
- §§ 29 - 33 StaRUG in Flöther (Hrsg), Kommentar zum Unternehmensstabilisierungs und -restrukturierungsgesetz, Kommentar (mit Dr. Andrea Braun), C.H.Beck, München, 1. Auflage, 2021
- §§ 7,8 und 19 SchVG in Reinhard/Schall, Kommentar zum Gesetz über Schudlverschreibungen aus Gesamtemmissionen, De Gruyter, 1. Aufl. 2020
- Sanierungsrecht – Einführung zur Richtlinie der Europäischen Kommission über präventive Restrukturierungsrahmen, darin: Das europäische Gesetzgebungsverfahren, Wirkung des Restrukturierungsplans, Minderheitenschutz (with Andrea Braun), 2019
- Konsortialkreditvertrag, Formularvertrag mit Anmerkungen, Münchner Vertragshandbuch Band 2: Wirtschaftsrecht I, Verlag C.H.Beck, Munich, 8th edition, 2020
- Corporate Recovery & Insolvency 2018 – Germany (with Isabel Giancristofano), in: International Comparative Legal Guide 2018
- Gläubigerbeteiligung in der Konzerninsolvenz, Flöther (ed.), Handbuch zum Konzerninsolvenzrecht, 2nd edition, 2018
- Ist das englische Scheme of Arrangement (noch) ein taugliches Sanierungsinstrument für deutsche Unternehmen? (together with Isabel Giancristofano), ZIP 2016, p. 1151 et. seq.
- Beratung von Banken, Anwalts-Handbuch Insolvenzrecht, Runkel/Schmidt (eds.), Verlag Dr. Otto Schmidt, Cologne, 3rd edition, 2015
- Die Behandlung des Verlustausgleichsanspruchs gem. § 302 I AktG (with Dr Ingo Theusinger), NZG 2014, p. 1170 et. seq.
- Der Erhalt der Börsennotierung beim echten und unechten Debt Equity Swap in der Insolvenz der börsennotierten AG (together with Dr Laurenz Wieneke), ZIP 2013, p. 697 et. seq.