- German and European antitrust law
- German and European merger control
- Cartel fine procedures
- Antitrust damages
- Compliance and internal investigations
- Investment screening
Dr Till Steinvorth
Practice Group: Antitrust & Competition
Till Steinvorth practices EU and German antitrust and competition law. He has extensive experience in merger control and in cartel proceedings, where he regularly represents clients before the German Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission. In addition, he advises on foreign investment filings with the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi).
The German business paper Handelsblatt lists Till Steinvorth among Germany’s “Best Lawyers 2021” for antitrust and competition law, and Best Lawyers has recognised him as “2022 Lawyer of the Year for Competition/ Antitrust Law in Hamburg”. According to the JUVE Handbook of Commercial Law Firms, he is described by clients as “accomplished and resourceful.”
Before joining Noerr, Mr Steinvorth headed the German antitrust and competition law practice of an American law firm in Düsseldorf for many years. Prior to that, he worked as a lawyer in Berlin, London and Brussels. He also teaches antitrust and competition law at FOM Business School.
- Studies in law in Hamburg and in Aix-en-Provence (France)
- Ph.D. in Law, European University Institute, Florence (Italy)
- Lawyer at an international law firm in Duesseldorf
- Partner at an American law firm in Duesseldorf
- At Noerr since 2020
- Admitted to the Duesseldorf Bar Association
- German Antitrust Law Association (Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.)
- IBA - International Bar Association
- “Aktuelle Rechtsprechung zur kartellrechtlichen Compliance”, Corporate Compliance Zeitschrift (CCZ) 2021, pp. 176–183.
- “Fusionskontrolluntersuchungen durch die EU-Kommission ohne Anmeldepflicht – neue Herausforderungen für die M&A-Transaktionspraxis”, Betriebs-Berater (BB) 2021, pp. 1666–1672 (co-authored with Jens Peter Schmidt).
- “Der neue § 39a GWB – Instrument für eine flexiblere Fusionskontrolle?”, Wirtschaft und Wettbewerb (WuW) 2021, pp. 155–160 (co-authored with Lucas Gasser).
- Comment on the judgment of the EU General Court of 28 May 2020, Case T-399/16, CK Telecoms UK Investments, Wirtschaft und Wettbewerb (WuW) 2020, p. 389.
- “Europäisches Kartellrecht”, in: Göthel (ed.), Grenzüberschreitende M&A-Transaktionen, 5th ed. 2020 (co-authored with Wolfgang Wurmnest).
- “Neue Wege in der Fusionskontrolle?”, Wirtschaft und Wettbewerb (WuW) 2020, p. 113.
- “Die deutsche Fusionskontrolle”, in: Wiedemann (ed.), Handbuch des Kartellrechts, 4th ed. 2020.
- Comment on the order of the Higher Regional Court in Duesseldorf of 26 Aug. 2019, VI-Kart 1/19 (V), “Facebook I”, Wirtschaft und Wettbewerb (WuW) 2019, p. 519.
- “Prüfung ausländischer Direktinvestitionen in Deutschland: Der Fall Cotesa”, Plattform M&A China/Deutschland, 2018.
- “Information Exchange & the Extraterritorial Reach of the EU Competition Law”, JCA Journal, No. 731 (May 2018) pp. 57–64 (co-authored with Yoshihiro Takatori, Shinsuke Yakura and Sakon Kuramoto).
- Handelsblatt: listed among “Germany's Best Lawyers 2021” as one of six lawyers for antitrust and competition law.
- JUVE Handbook of Commercial Law Firms: “Often recommended” for antitrust law, described as “experienced and resourceful” by a client and as “professional, knowledgeable, good networker” by a competitor.
- WirtschaftsWoche: listed among the “most renowned antitrust lawyers” in Germany.
- Best Lawyers: recognised as “2022 Lawyer of the Year / Antitrust Law in Hamburg”.
- Who's Who Legal: listed as “national leader” in the category Antitrust Law/Germany.