- German and European antitrust and competition law
- German and European Merger Control
- European State aid law
Sarah Blazek, E.MA (European Inter-University Centre, Venedig)
Sarah Blazek advises clients on all aspects of European and German antitrust and competition law, including the coordination of merger control filings involving multiple jurisdictions. She also represents clients in competition authorities’ monetary fine proceedings before the European Commission and the German Federal Cartel Office. In addition, she advises on compliance issues and supports clients in developing and implementing the corresponding compliance programmes.
Sarah also sets a major focus on European State aid law supporting clients in complex proceedings before the European Commission and the European courts. Her practice covers general issues of State aid law as well as particular problems arising in the context of bank restructuring processes, privatisation and re-municipalisation schemes, funding for large infrastructure projects (such as trade exhibitions, airports, ports and hospitals) as well as tax measures/fiscal State aid.
- Law degree at Bucerius Law School, Hamburg and Paris-Sorbonne University
- Postgraduate studies at the European Inter-University Centre, Venice and the University of Seville
- International placements, including the Permanent Mission of Germany at the United Nations, Geneva; Alston & Bird, New York; and Yonsei University, Seoul
- Competition lawyer at an UK-German Magic Circle firm (with a secondment to financial regulatory law) and at a large German law firm in Brussels
- With Noerr since 2017
- Admitted to the Munich Chamber of Lawyers
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.
- The International Association of Korean Lawyers (IAKL)
- Der Staat als Kapital- und Sicherheitengeber - Hinweise zur EU-beihilferechtskonformen Finanzierung von Bauvorhaben und Immobilienprojekten, NZBau 2017, pp. 67 et seq. (co-author)
- EU-beihilferechtliche Risiken bei Bauvorhaben und Immobilienprojekten - Neuere Entwicklung des Beihilfeverbots, NZBau 2016, pp. 141 et seq. (co-author)
- The Court's Judgements in the Ryanair and Aer Lingus Cases - Adding Another Layer of Complexity in Fiscal State aid, EStAL, Volume 14 (2015), pp. 340 et seq. (co-author)