- German and European antitrust and competition law
- German and European merger control
- European State aid law
- Dawn Raid Team
- Digital Business Practice Group
Sarah Blazek, E.MA (European Inter-University Centre, Venedig)
Sarah Blazek advises clients on all aspects of European and German antitrust and competition law, including the coordination of merger control filings involving multiple jurisdictions. She represents clients in competition authorities’ fine proceedings before the European Commission and the German Federal Cartel Office. In addition, she advises on compliance issues and supports clients in developing and implementing compliance programmes. Sarah also advises on current digital antitrust issues and helps clients to design their digitalisation projects, such as internet platforms and cooperation between competitors, in compliance with antitrust law.
Another of Sarah’s core focuses is on European State aid law supporting clients in complex and time-critical proceedings before the European Commission and the European courts. Her practice covers general issues of State aid law as well as particular problems arising in the context of rescue and restructuring aid (including within the finance sector), funding for large infrastructure projects and most recently for crisis State aid in the course of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Law degree at Bucerius Law School, Hamburg and Paris-Sorbonne University
- Postgraduate studies at the European Inter-University Centre, Venice and the University of Seville
- International placements, including the Permanent Mission of Germany at the United Nations, Geneva; Alston & Bird, New York; and Yonsei University, Seoul
- Competition lawyer at a UK-German Magic Circle firm (with a secondment to financial regulatory law) and a large German law firm in Brussels
- At Noerr since 2017
- Admitted to the Munich Chamber of Lawyers
- Heinrich Bauer Verlag KG: Merger control advice on establishing a joint venture in the magazine distribution sector with Gruner + Jahr GmbH
- Schwarz Group (Kaufland): Merger control advice on the acquisition of a significant number of Real stores
- Bayer AG: Antitrust law advice on one of this decade’s largest IT outsourcing projects in Germany
- Condor Flugdienst GmbH: State aid law advice on successful reorganisation, including State aid approval procedure at the European Commission
- J.C. Flowers & Co. LLC: Comprehensive State aid and merger control advice on structuring and implementing the acquisition of shares in HSH Nordbank AG
- Hamburg Investment and Development Bank: State aid advice on establishing the “Hamburg Stabilisation Fund”
- TUI AG: Advising Deutsche Finanzagentur on a stabilisation package for TUI AG
- Sarah Blazek is a "thriving lawyer with sound expertise in German and European antitrust law." (Legal 500 EMEA 2020 and Legal 500 Germany 2020)
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.
- The International Association of Korean Lawyers (IAKL)
- Concurrences, Women & Antitrust, Voices from the Field – Vol. II, November 2020, Interview Birgit Krueger (German Federal Cartel Office) / Sarah Blazek (Noerr LLP), pp. 73 et seq.
- BGH, 13.07.2020 - KRB 21/20 – Zum subjektiven Tatbestand der kartellrechtswidrigen Veranlassung, GRUR-Prax 22/2020, pp. 557 et seq. (co-author)
- Blazek, Heinrich, GCR-Global Competition Review, Germany: State Aid 2019 (https://globalcompetitionreview.com/know-how/topics/1000462/state-aid-2019)
- Der Staat als Kapital- und Sicherheitengeber - Hinweise zur EU-beihilferechtskonformen Finanzierung von Bauvorhaben und Immobilienprojekten, NZBau 2017, pp. 67 et seq. (co-author)
- EU-beihilferechtliche Risiken bei Bauvorhaben und Immobilienprojekten - Neuere Entwicklung des Beihilfeverbots, NZBau 2016, pp. 141 et seq. (co-author)
- The Court's Judgements in the Ryanair and Aer Lingus Cases - Adding Another Layer of Complexity in Fiscal State aid, EStAL, Volume 14 (2015), pp. 340 et seq. (co-author)